Enough said 🙂 hope you’re Ll having a delicious and delightful holiday break.
I made pies this weekend. But this post isn’t about pies. This is the story of what happened to the leftover blueberries from those pies.
The farmers market always makes me buy too many berries. I see the pints of fresh berries all lined up at a stall and I just can’t help myself. They smell delicious, they look divine and who doesn’t like supporting local farmers. So of course I bought too many. I couldn’t let them go to waste, so decided to make some blueberry banana bread instead.
Blueberry Banana Bread*
Inspired by this post from the Chef-in-training.
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 4 Tbsp. honey
- 1 3/4 cups of flour
- 1/4 cup of psyllium husks
- 3 Tbsp. Canola Oil
- 4 Tbsp. honey
- 2 Medium Bananas mashed
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 egg
Last Ingredient to fold in before baking
- 1 1/3 cups of blueberries (fresh)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a medium bowl mix all wet ingredients together. Make sure your bananas are mashed but not pureed. (Don’t add blueberries yet you’ll add these last, before baking).
- In a second bowl mix all dry ingredients.
- Mix wet and dry ingredients together in one bowl.
- Once all ingredients are throughly combined fold in your blueberries with a wooden spoon or a spatula so as not to bruise the berries.
- Grease a loaf pan. Pour the contents of your bread into the pan.
- Bake for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in the loaf comes out clean.
- Once fully baked, let the loaf cool for 10 minutes in the pan, then loosen and place on a wire rack to cool.
Enjoy all the blueberry goodness.
I love oatmeal and I love apple pie.
But what I love even more, is a good desert without the guilt.
So I decided to make a healthy ode to both of my favorite’s.
Crust Ingredients (dry):
1 tbsp brown Sugar
5 tbsp sugar
1/4 tsp salt
2 tsp cinnamon
2 tbsp chia seeds
1 cup flour
1 tsp baking soda
1.5 cup oats
1. Mix wet ingredients together.
2. In a separate bowl mix the dry ingredients together.
3. Combine wet and dry ingredients into one bowl. Mix well.
3. Grease a muffin tin.
4. Fill each muffin cup with a rounded spoon of crust.
5. Use a spoon to mold the crust to the cup, creating a cup for your apple filling.
2 apples chopped
1 tsp brown sugar
2 tsp white sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 tbsp lemon juice
2 tsp Pinnacle Whipped Vodka (insert your choice liquor here)
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp cardamom
dash of nutmeg
2 tsp cornstarch
1 tsp flour
1. Mix all filling ingredients together.
2. Scoop a rounded spoon of apple filling into each oatmeal cup.
Bake your Oatmeal Apple Pies in the oven at 375 degrees for 20 – 25 mins or until the sides look sufficiently browned. Serve with a mint leaf.