I love oatmeal and I love apple pie.
But what I love even more, is a good desert without the guilt.
So I decided to make a healthy ode to both of my favorite’s.
Crust Ingredients (dry):
1 tbsp brown Sugar
5 tbsp sugar
1/4 tsp salt
2 tsp cinnamon
2 tbsp chia seeds
1 cup flour
1 tsp baking soda
1.5 cup oats
1. Mix wet ingredients together.
2. In a separate bowl mix the dry ingredients together.
3. Combine wet and dry ingredients into one bowl. Mix well.
3. Grease a muffin tin.
4. Fill each muffin cup with a rounded spoon of crust.
5. Use a spoon to mold the crust to the cup, creating a cup for your apple filling.
2 apples chopped
1 tsp brown sugar
2 tsp white sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 tbsp lemon juice
2 tsp Pinnacle Whipped Vodka (insert your choice liquor here)
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp cardamom
dash of nutmeg
2 tsp cornstarch
1 tsp flour
1. Mix all filling ingredients together.
2. Scoop a rounded spoon of apple filling into each oatmeal cup.
Bake your Oatmeal Apple Pies in the oven at 375 degrees for 20 – 25 mins or until the sides look sufficiently browned. Serve with a mint leaf.